Through a formal professional agreement with other libraries in Florida, the Hernando County Public Library can borrow materials not available in our collection.
How to Request an Interlibrary Loan
If you cannot find a specific item in our Library Catalog you can:
(a) print out this form and take it to any branch location;
(b) call in your request over the phone (352-754-4043); or,
(c) come into any branch and fill out and submit the form there.
Before requesting items through Interlibrary Loan, please read through the following Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Guidelines.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to all Interlibrary loan requests:
- Patrons must have a valid Hernando County library card or reciprocal borrower card.
- New materials published within the calendar year may not be requested.
- Interlibrary Loan requests may not exceed 4 items per month per patron.
- The wait time for any Interlibrary Loan request may be up to 4 weeks before the item is received or denied.
- Books, audiobooks and CDs have a loan period of 28 days.
- Interlibrary loans are not renewable. Due to their unique loan category, a fee of $1.00 per day is assessed for late items.
- Patrons are responsible for replacement fees of lost or damaged Interlibrary Loan items.