Hernando County is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 developments. We know that in times of crisis, libraries play invaluable roles in supporting their communities both in person and virtually. After carefully considering a multitude of factors and the rapidly changing situation in the surrounding areas, the Hernando County Public Library System will initiate the following:
- All branches closed effective 03.18.2020 until further notice
- All programs and meeting room use are cancelled starting 03.17.2020 until further notice
- Fines are suspended until May 1
- Electronic resources will be placed on the front page of the website for easy accessibility
- Wi-Fi access outside library branches will be provided 24/7
For more information, please call your local branch @ 352-754-4043.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit these resource sites: