If you cannot find a specific item in our Library Catalog you can request it directly through Florida Navigator. Through a formal professional agreement with other libraries in Florida, the Hernando County Public Library can borrow materials not available in our collecton. Requests for Interlibrary loans may also be made via telephone or in person at any Library branch. Before requesting items through Florida Navigator, please read through the following InterLibrary Loan (ILL) Guidelines.
InterLibrary Loan (ILL) Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to all Interlibrary loan requests:
- Patrons must have a valid Hernando County Library card and PIN.
- Library Account must be free of fines or charges.
- New materials published within the past year (12 months) may not be borrowed. In order to obtain new materials you must submit a Request to Purchase.
- Most libraries do not accept Interlibrary loan requests for video, audio, or genealogy materials.
- Interlibrary loan requests may not exceed four (4) items per month per patron.
- Interlibrary loans are not renewable. Due to their unique loan category, a fee of $1.00 per day is assessed for late items.